Thank you to the AMAZING volunteers and Paralympic Sport Clubs who helped make this event possible.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- ACCESS THE VGFW FOSTER CITY VENUE MAP
- 0730-0930: Event registration at host hotel, Embassy Suites
- 0945: Transport Athletes to Leo J. Ryan Memorial Park
- 1100: Opening Ceremonies – Emcee Janelle Wang, NBC Bay Area
- 1145: Lunch for athletes and VIPs
- 1300 – 1700/ 1:00pm – 5:00pm: Archery Competition
- 1730/5:30pm: Transport Athletes for the evening social
- 1900/7:00pm: Evening Social: Oakland A’s Game
- The Valor Games Far West thanks the Oakland Athletics and the A’s Community Fund for their support.
- Buses will depart mid-game following dinner, and at the conclusion of the game.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- ACCESS THE VGFW CSM MAP
- 0730: Transport Athletes to College of San Mateo
- 0830 – 1200: Powerlifting Competition
- Special thanks to Coach Butch Schovanec & Coach Mary Hodge
- 0830 – 1200: Paralympic Experience (Interactive Paralympic sport demonstrations).
- These sports are available from 0830 – 1145 on a drop-in basis. Some sports, like Goalball, will have a specific start time. These times will be posted at their stations.
- Biathlon – hosted by Eileen Carey of IPC Biathlon
- Goalball – hosted by Paralympian Brandon Young & Coach Jonathan Newman of BORP
- Golf (swing simulation) – hosted by Wes Armstrong of Full Swing Golf
- Sitting Volleyball – hosted by Paralympian Katie Halloway
- Wheelchair Basketball – hosted by BORP
- Wheelchair Super X – hosted by Trevor ‘Trevair’ Snowden of Trevair
- 0830 – 1200: Resource Fair
- 1200 – 1245: Lunch for athletes and VIPs
- 1300 – 1700/ 1:00pm – 5:00pm: Field (Shot Put and Discus) Competition
- 1730/ 5:30pm : Transport Athletes back to the hotel, and then to the evening social
- 1800/ 6:00pm: Evening Social: Sparky’s Hot Rod Garage; San Carlos
- Buses will depart after dinner, and at 2100 / 9:00pm
Thursday, June 13, 2013
- ACCESS THE VGFW CANDLESTICK MAP
- 0700: Check out at Embassy Suites
- 0730: Transport Athletes to Candlestick Park
- 0830: Cycling Competition
- 1200 – 1300 / 1:00pm: Closing Ceremonies
- 1200 – 1300 / 1:00pm: Lunch for athletes and VIPs
- 1330/ 1:30pm: Departures – Athletes may decide to take VGFW transportation back to the hotel, or leave in their own vehicles